New Haven offers a Biblical pre-marital counseling ministry which is available to all couples who are thinking of or planning on getting married. We also offer our pre-marital counseling service to churches to provide for their pre-marital counseling needs.
Couples would attend 5-8 pre-marital counseling sessions which would include part or all of the following:
1. Understanding Our Relationship with God
* Getting acquainted, brief personal and family history
* Assessment of spiritual condition and relationship with God
* The authority of God’s word
2. Understanding God’s Design of Marriage
* The nature and meaning of a covenant marriage
* Biblical definition and role of a godly husband
* Biblical definition and role of a godly wife
3. Understanding Relationship Dynamics
* Communication and conflict resolution
* Seeking and giving forgiveness
4. Application and Conclusion
* Follow up of previous sessions
* Address other areas as deemed necessary
* Use of optional assessment tools
1. Prepare-Enrich Relationship Inventory
Identifies strength and growth areas of the couple’s relationship including communication, conflict resolution, roles, finances, family and others.
2. Arno Profile System
A temperament analysis used by the National Christian Counselors Association of Sarasota Florida.
New Haven is a non-profit ministry that does not charge fees for services. Couples are encouraged to make a financial donation to the ministry as they are able. The optional assessments do require the payment of a fee for their service.
For more information or to make arrangements for pre-marital counseling, please contact us via email or by calling (605) 274-1556.